Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to cancel my old electricity and/or gas supplier?

No, not at all, we will contact the properties suppliers and arrange all the necessary switches, it is all included in our service.

How do I provide meter readings?

It’s up to you. You just need to make a note/take a picture of the readings (numbers) on your meter and drop it over via email, phone or livechat. You can even upload it to your online dashboard (this is the quickest way!).

If you’re struggling to find the meters in your property, please get in touch with your landlord or managing agent.

Before I moved out I forgot to take a final meter reading to close my account - what do I do?

Oh no!

We do require these to close your accounts down, the best thing to do is to call your letting agent or landlord and find out whether they have these or can do a check for you! Once you have these please get in touch with our team who can add these to your account, it is better late than never!

What if I have a prepayment meter?

A prepayment meter is a special type of energy meter that is on a 'pay as you go tariff', where you need to top it up and pay for energy before you use it.

Unfortunately, Fused cannot accept properties with prepayment meters. We may, however, be able to exchange this to a credit meter for you (with the permission of your landlord or lettings agency) but there is a charge for this. To discuss your options please get in touch with our team today.

Who do I call in a power cut?

Firstly, check whether your neighbours are also experiencing a power cut. If they are you can contact your local electrical network supplier by calling 105 for an update on the issue.

If they aren’t, your fuse box may have tripped. To solve this, contact your landlord or managing agent, they may ask you to check the below:

  • If the switch is in the ‘off’ position on your fused box, try switching it back on. If it won’t stay on, you have may have an appliance issue, the fuse box itself or wiring
  • Try switching off appliances that are using an electricity supply one by one until you identify the cause of the problem. If you still don’t have power.

What is my electricity and/or gas allowance?

Fused has no energy usage allowance caps. Therefore, no kWh allowance is given and there can’t be any huge bills at the end of the year, your monthly payment is all you will ever pay.

If you do have a Fused package with allowances please visit your dashboard to view these allowances as they will depend on the size of your property, and how many people live there or get in touch with our team via email, phone or livechat.

Why do I need to give you meter readings?

We always ask for monthly meter readings, as they’re the only way to be sure how much gas and electricity you have used. We will need opening and closing meter readings at the start of your contract and at the end, so we are only paying for what has been used within your contract period. You can get these from your managing agent or landlord.

Sometimes energy providers will send us a huge bill for your property and we need meter readings to dispute these. You can add your meter readings from your dashboard here.

What do I need gas for?

Most houses use gas-powered boilers which provide hot water and heating to the house. A lot of ovens and hobs are gas powered too.

It’s unlikely that a house won’t need gas at all, but if your house is powered by electricity alone, please just let us know.

How long does it take for my electricity to transfer to Fused Bills?

It can take up to 21 days for your electricity to transfer to Fused’s name.

The only possible delay would be if your current supplier objects to the transfer. This would happen if there is a debt on the property from the previous tenant, you’re on a fixed contract or your supplier hasn’t been told that you are leaving. Don’t worry – if any of this happens we will let you know immediately about the short delay and you won’t be without electricity and/or gas during the transfer period.

Help - I smell gas!

Firstly, immediately open all windows and the door to ventilate the property.

Then call the free Gas Emergency number on 0800 111 999 as soon as possible. If you’re using a mobile, make sure to call from outside as the signal may cause a spark.

Don’t turn any electrical switches on or off (this includes light bulbs), and make sure the gas supply to any appliance has been turned off.

You can contact us on live chat, email, or by phone. Our helpful team are just seconds away.